Pile of clothes catches fire, causes smoke damage to home - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Pile of clothes catches fire, causes smoke damage to home

Posted: Updated:
SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) -

A home in the Cedar Grove neighborhood is damaged after a pile of clothes caught fire Monday morning.

Shreveport firefighters say just after 1 a.m. they responded to a report of a fire at a home on East 67th Street near Thornhill Avenue. When they arrived the found a pile of clothes on fire in the home. Firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly.

No one was home at the time.

Fire officials say the home does have smoke damage. Investigators are still trying to figure out how the clothes caught on fire.

Copyright 2013 KSLA. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow