As you prepare to celebrate the Easter holiday, many of us plan to hit the road. This month, we've seen gas prices go down nationwide and in the ArkLaTex.
Triple-A officials say one year ago, gas prices were about $0.30 more expensive. They predict that the national average will continue to drop.
As of Friday, you can find great deals on gas in the ArkLaTex at:
- Shreveport: Sam's Club on Youree Drive- $3.33
- Bossier City: U.S. Petro on Barksdale Boulevard- $3.38
- Benton: Brookshire's on Highway 3- $3.45
- Hope, Arkansas: Shell Gas Station on Hervey Street- $3.44
- Texarkana: Conoco Gas Station on I-30 at Exit 7- $3.39
- Marshall: E-Z Mart on Pinecrest- $3.45
Click here to find the cheapest gas prices in your area.
Travel is expected to increase because of the lower gas prices. DOTD officials say that all oversize and overweight vehicles will be prohibited on state highways from Friday, March 29th to Sunday, March 31st. They say this help to reduce the risk of accidents during the busy holiday weekend.
Triple-A officials also recommend packing these items before hitting the road:
- Power bars
- A quart of oil
- A cell phone charger
- First-aid kit