Chemistry class got a little dicey Friday afternoon at Parkway High School, when a beaker broke over a burner and set off smoke alarms.
It happened around 1 p.m.
Bossier Parish Schools Public Relations Liaison Sonja Bailes says the beaker had been heated and reheated all day before it cracked. Students were making "slime."
No one was hurt, and the smoking burner was doused before firefighters arrived. Only the lab equipment involved suffered fire damage. The sprinklers were not set off.
Students were evacuated, however, and the fire department did respond and make sure the fire was out and the classroom was safe for the students' return.
Copyright 2013 KSLA. All rights reserved.