Firefighters battle blaze at E. 67th Street home - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Firefighters battle blaze at E. 67th Street home

Posted: Updated:
Shreveport firefighters put out a fire at a home in the 400 block of E. 67th Street Sunday. Shreveport firefighters put out a fire at a home in the 400 block of E. 67th Street Sunday.
SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) -

Shreveport Fire Department personnel fought a blaze at a house in the 400 block of E. 67th Street Sunday afternoon.

Chief Fred Sanders said units were dispatched at 5:11 p.m. with the first unit arriving just two minutes later. The fire was brought under control at 5:25 p.m.

According to Sanders, fire investigators have determined that the blaze was accidental. They believe the fire started when an electrical extension cord ignited combustible materials that were on top of the cord.

The house was initially thought to be vacant since there were no utilities hooked up at the site. The lone occupant of the house was using utilities from a neighbor's house. There were no injuries.

Copyright 2013 KSLA. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow