An early morning fire destroyed a Longview home.
Around 4:39 a.m., the Longview Fire Department responded to reports of a house fire at 1820 Buckner Drive.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, the house was 75 percent involved. According to Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zachery, the fire started in an electrical device in the living room.
There was one person that lived at the residence, who was not home at the time of the fire. The house is a total loss, with costs estimated at upwards of $200,000.
Fire crews had to shut down Buckner Drive for a few hours while they brought the fire under control and extinguished it, but all roadways are open again.
Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.
It's the end of the world as we know it. And we feel fine.