Shareeka West walked around what is left of her family home on Thursday, still searching for the right words. "Like right now I don't know what to say. It's just. It just hurts," said West. Pain is allMore >>
Shareeka West walked around what is left of her family home on Thursday, still searching for the right words.More >>
Fire officials said 10 people are in need of a place to live after their home caught fire when they weren't there Thursday morning. The St. George Fire Department said the fire sparked at a house in theMore >>
Fire officials said 10 people are in need of a place to live after their home caught fire when they weren't there Thursday morning.More >>
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -
generations of family are trying to pick up the pieces after a fire destroyed
in the 8800 block of Pecue Lane on Jan. 31 around 10:15 a.m. The home where
Shareeka West lived with her children and mother was a total loss. Ten people
lived in the home.
was able to save a few family pictures. Family members are now scattered
between several hotel rooms, as they plan out what is next.
son told me he would help me a little bit," said West. "A lot of
people say they would help a little bit. But, you know how it is sometimes.
They have their own problems."
have expressed the desire to lend assistance to the family. If you have any
donations, they can be dropped off at 8760 Pecue Lane. It is the home of a
relative of the victims.