House for Hope Rules
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by KSLA-TV, 1812 Fairfield Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71101, Community Renewal International, 838 Margaret Place, Shreveport, LA 71101, Home Builders Association of Northwest Louisiana, 2038 East 70th Street, Shreveport, LA 71105 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 9:00am on Friday, February 1, 2013 and ends at 3:00pm on Friday, June 28, 2013. Entries must be received by 3:00pm on Friday, June 28, 2013. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Caddo, Bossier, Webster, DeSoto, Sabine, Bienville, Natchitoches, Claiborne, Columbia, Lafayette, Hempstead, Howard, Sevier, Little River, McCurtain, Bowie, Miller, Cass, Morris, Titus, Marion, Harrison, Panola, and Shelby, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, Directors, and Officers of and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc. and KSLA-TV, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Employees, Directors, Officers and dependents of such, of Home Builders Association of Northwest Louisiana, Community Renewal International, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
3. How to Enter. There are 3 ways to enter this promotion. Beginning at 9:00am on Friday, February 1, 2013, individuals can log on to www.houseforhope.us to reserve a ticket(s). Or individuals can call (318) 425-3222 to reserve a ticket. Individuals can also enter by reserving a ticket at Community Renewal International located at 838 Margaret Place, Shreveport, LA 71101, at Home Builders Association of Northwest Louisiana located at 2038 East 70th Street, Shreveport, LA 71105, or at other locations listed at www.HouseforHope.us. Each ticket costs $100. Purchased tickets are not refundable. Refunds will only be issued if the drawing does not occur due to lack of ticket sales.
Entries must be received by 3:00pm on Friday, June 28, 2013 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. All proceeds from ticket sales go to House for Hope, a non-profit organization.
Purchase of this ticket constitutes full agreement by the purchaser with all terms and conditions set forth herein and in the "Winner Notification Agreement."
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that KSLA-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that KSLA-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. KSLA-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). There is (1) grand prize, a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house located at 2839 Caribbean Cove, Shreveport, LA 71105. The estimated retail value of the house is $320,000. There is (1) early bird prize, a gift card to Lee Michaels Jewelry. Estimated retail value of the gift card is $7,500. There are (4) secondary prizes. A flat screen TV (estimated retail value $1250), a gas grill (estimated retail value $850), an iPad (estimated retail value $500) and a gift card (estimated retail value $500.) A complete list of prizes is available at the official House for Hope website, www.HouseForHope.us.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. There will be an Early Bird prize random drawing on Friday, May 17, 2013 at 6:00pm. The prize is a $7,500 gift card to Lee Michaels Jewelry. All tickets purchased by Friday, May 17, 2013 will be eligible for the ‘Early Bird' drawing. The grand prize and secondary prizes will be awarded by random drawing on Friday, June 28, 2012 at 5:00pm. Winners of the Early Bird prize and secondary prizes are eligible to win the grand prize. Winners need not be present at the drawing.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility and winner notification agreement within 7 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by Friday, July 26, 2013 or the prize will be forfeited.
Access to all prizes by winners will be restricted until fully and unconditionally accepted by the winner on terms and conditions set forth herein and in the "Winner Notification Agreement" and complete delivery is made to the winners. All prizes remain the sole property of House for Hope, Inc. until unconditionally accepted "as is" by the winners.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal income and property taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature, due and payable at time of delivery. The house is delivered at the closing.
Sponsor will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from Sponsor reports if any winnings are reported to the Internal Revenue Service. The $100 ticket price is not deductable for federal or state income tax purposes.
The winner of the house agrees to accept the house "as built" without additions or alterations, and all prizewinners agree to accept prizes "as is," with absolutely no expressed or implied warranties given by the Home Builders Association of Northwest Louisiana, KSLA News 12, or Community Renewal International.
The winner accepting the home will be subject to all applicable laws and regulations including covenants and/or restrictions which may apply.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that KSLA-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KSLA-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KSLA-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KSLA-TV or visit the website at www.ksla.com between Saturday, June 29, 2013 and Friday, July 12, 2013.