Two campers die in Claiborne Parish - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Two campers die in Claiborne Parish

Posted: Updated:
CLAIBORNE PARISH, LA (KSLA) -

Claiborne Parish Sheriff Ken Bailey reports on Monday the deaths of two people who are thought to have died Sunday of carbon monoxide poisoning while in a pop-up camper.

Paul Pitts, 50, and Linda Scott, 47 were pronounced dead at the scene. Authorities say they fell asleep and never woke up.

Bailey says they got a call at 3 p.m. on Sunday that two people died of carbon monoxide poisoning while they were in a pop-up camper that was inside a metal building.

The cause, Bailey says, was a generator that was used for electricity for an electric heater. The generator was inside the building.

The incident occurred on Sunday in Summerfield.

Both bodies have been taken to Little Rock for autopsy.

Copyright 2012 KSLA. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow