Fire destroys Tyler family's home - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Fire destroys Tyler family's home

Posted: Updated:

A fire Wednesday morning leaves a Tyler family homeless.

The fire broke out in the house in the 2100 block of Lyndon Avenue around 10:20 a.m. An adult and an child were at home at the time, but neither one was injured.

Initial reports are the fire started in the living room area by a gas space heater. The home sustained heavy fire and smoke damage. Officials say it is a total loss.

The Red Cross was notified to give assistance to the occupants.

Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow