Another house fire in North Caddo Parish leaves at least one person without a place to live. Caddo Parish fire fighters responded to the fire at a home in the 7400 block of Mooringsport Road a little before 6 p.m. on Wednesday night.
"In shock," says Carol Istre. Istre says shock is the only emotion her son is feeling after watching his house catch on fire. "I know that they do not have insurance on any of their belongings."
According to the Istre, the fire started when her son was soldering inside of the home. Fire officials say this is a common mistake that can lead to a house fire.
"In all of my years in service there have been a lot of fires caused by soldering and soldering pipes," says Caddo Parish Fire Chief Dan Cotton.
The practice of soldering inside of the home can cause a fire that can spread quickly causing major damage.
"It starts spreading rather rapidly because you can't tell how far into the wall you set it on fire due to the heat of the torch," says Cotton.
Damage was reported to the walls inside of the home, roof, along with water damage.
Sunday, August 31 2014 3:28 PM EDT2014-08-31 19:28:29 GMT
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online.More >>
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online. Friends and family of a Pascagoula kindergarten student have created a Facebook page and GoFundMe.com account claiming the girl was attacked on the playground this week by another student.More >>