Cooking fire damages house on Letha Lane - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Cooking fire damages house on Letha Lane

Posted: Updated:
SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) -

Food left on a stove is getting the blame for a house fire that badly damaged a home.

The call came in to firefighters after 6:15 p.m. Sunday in the 9000 block of Letha Lane in Shreveport.

"She had set something on the stove earlier and had stepped away to fold some clothes up. She came back and heard some popping noises, and that's when we believe that's the probable cause of the fire," says Scott Wolverton of the Shreveport Fire Department.

The smoke and flames cause heavy damage. The home owners will not be able to stay in the house, Wolverton says.

No one was reported injured.

According to the National Fire Protection Association, cooking caused 44 percent of home fires in 2010.

Copyright 2012 KSLA. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow