A cigarette is to blame for an early morning fire that destroyed a home on the northwest side of Tyler.
Just after 3:30 am, the son woke up to the smell of smoke in his bedroom in the 2300 block of N. Grand Avenue near Texas College. According to authorities, he had been smoking a cigarette before going to bed and put it in an ashtray by the bed which sparked some nearby blankets.
The Tyler Fire Marshal says the house is a complete loss. There were four people in the house at the time of the blaze, but all four were able to get out of the house unharmed.
Sunday, August 31 2014 3:28 PM EDT2014-08-31 19:28:29 GMT
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online.More >>
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online. Friends and family of a Pascagoula kindergarten student have created a Facebook page and GoFundMe.com account claiming the girl was attacked on the playground this week by another student.More >>