SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - Loretta Moore Luttrell has been ruled incompetent to stand trial for first degree murder in the July, 2010 murder for hire of Ernest Luttrell.
Ernest Luttrell was found shot to death inside his residence in the 12200 block of Greenwood-Springridge Rd. in Keithville.
The 71-year-old is accused of hiring a Caddo Parish couple to kill her husband. Her family claims she has Alzheimers and that she did not have the mental capacity to commit the crime.
Judge John Mosely issued the ruling Tuesday following a sanity hearing in Caddo Parish District Court.
- Tina Vanmoerkerque pleads guilty, gets life
- Three indicted for murder of Ernest Luttrell
- UPDATE: CSO arrest Luttrell's wife in connection to his murder
- Memorial service held for Ernest Luttrell
- Deputies make second arrest in Luttrell murder
- Previous crimes at murder-for-hire house
- Murder for hire: Three accused in plot to kill Ernest Luttrell
- Crain pleads guilty in Keithville murder for hire plot
- Crain pleads guilty in murder-for-hire plot
- The case against Crain: Confession "disastrous" for co-defendant
- Caddo Parish murder-for-hire suspect makes court appearance