SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - Sheldon "SJ" Lewis, the four-year-old child injured at the State Fair of Louisiana November 2nd, remains in critical condition at LSU Health Shreveport.
His family says although "SJ" is in critical condition, he is making progress and they are talking about moving him to a long-term care facility.
"SJ" became trapped underneath a car and the rotating platform of the "Twin Ring-Demolition Derby," an amusement ride in the Kiddie Korral section at the fair. The rescue took some 20 minutes and ultimately required the jaws of life to dismantle the ride and free him.
The boy was at the Fair on a field trip for the Red River Parish Head Start program.
- State Fire Marshal: Kiddie ride accident caused by another child
- State Fair accident update: "He's opened his eyes"
- Fund set up for family of boy injured at state fair
- Fair tightens safety efforts in wake of accident
- Child rescued from kiddie ride in critical condition
- Woman performs CPR to save child after accident
- Family of child injured at fair asks for continued prayers