Dropped cigarette butt destroys apartment in ETX town - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Dropped cigarette butt destroys apartment in ETX town

Posted: Updated:

NACOGDOCHES, TX (KTRE) - A Nacogdoches woman says her cigarette is to blame on a fire which destroyed at least one unit in an apartment complex.

Firefighters responded to the fire at Northeast Hills Apartments on Chimney Rock Road around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and managed to extinguish the fire.

Angelica Luera said she was smoking outside and accidentally dropped the cigarette butt between apartment units. She said she was on the phone after smoking a cigarette and that was when she discovered the blaze.

"it must have fallen and I didn't see it. It looked like it fell like in between the patio and the roof which is why I didn't see it. I'm never going to smoke again," Luera said.

Copyright 2011 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow