Information provided by: American Red Cross
The Center will be located at The First United Methodist Church, 305 W. Henderson, Jefferson, Texas. Hours are 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
Charitable organizations and their services include:
- American Red Cross - Recovery backpacks, health services, counseling
- Marion County Food Bank - Food
- Communities Services of NE TX - Housing
- Home Depot - Fire sifters
- Lone Star Legal Aid - Legalities
- Jefferson Housing Authority - Housing
- 1st United Methodist/Jefferson - Furniture, clothing, housewares
- St. Vincent de Paul - Clothing
- Enon Ministry/Linden - Linens, new pillows, clothing
- 1st Baptist of Linden - Medications, showers and laundry
- Linden United Methodist Churches - Large and small animal shelter, first aid, storage, clean-up, construction crews
More agencies are needed in Cass and Marion Counties to help meet the unique needs of rural communities, such as: barn storming, property clean-up, tree trimming, well services, construction and etc.
Agencies willing to offer these services to East Texans in need should contact Alicia Toombs, 325-665-7066.
Copyright KSLA-TV 2011. All rights reserved.