Slidell, LA man dies in Christmas Eve morning house fire - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Slidell, LA man dies in Christmas Eve morning house fire

BATON ROUGE, LA (KSLA) - The day before Christmas, Louisiana's State Fire Marshal's office reports a Slidell, Louisiana has died as the result of a house fire.

The fire happened Thursday night, officials say in St. Tammany Parish, in South Louisiana.

St. Tammany Parish Fire District #1 responded to the home around 9:15pm. Upon arrival fire officials say they found the body of 56-year-old Charles Ordes II in the hallway of the home and was soon after pronounced dead by officials.

A preliminary autopsy shows that Ordes was overcome by smoke from a slow burning fire in his bedroom, fire officials report.

Reportedly there were no working smoke alarms inside the home.

Fire investigators believe that the fire started in the bedroom and may have been caused by one or two things; unattended smoking material in the room or an electric space heater in the room.

Investigators have ruled the fire accidental.

 




 

Powered by Frankly