Family of worker killed in Tyson's silo collapse speaks out

Nashville, Ark.(KSLA)- The family of the man killed after a grain silo collapse has spoken out for the first time after his tragic death.

Search crews found the body of 48-year-old Johnny Needham Thursday afternoon who was killed Thursday morning when a Tyson grain silo collapsed in Nashville, Arkansas.

OSHA was on the scene at the Tyson's Feeding Mill on Friday and the Howard County Sheriff says Needham's body has been sent to Little Rock for an autopsy.

OSHA and Tyson's have not released the cause of the accident yet or when the mill will reopen.

But meanwhile, and right around the Holidays, Needham's family is mourning their loss, and paying tribute to a hard working, selfless man.

Becky Needham reflected on the loss of her brother Johnny, "He really loved his animals, that was one thing he really loved his animals," said Needham's sister Becky Needham.

"He loved his job I think it was rough some time but he got up and went to work every day and he was happy there."

He has been part of the Tyson family for the past 9 years," said Paul Britt, Tyson Poultry Plant manager.

Johnny Needham was trapped when mounds of corn and concrete fell in the area where he was working. His body was recovered more than 12 hours later.

Vynn Stuart and her nationally certified cadaver dogs Thunder and Lacy helped locate Needham.

"We were searching up against a door and a wall that kind of cracked so they were working on scent that was coming under the door."

"I was very satisfied when my dogs tell me something I believe them," said K-9 handler Vynn Stuart.

"He was just a good all around guy he would do anything for you I know he has helped me a lot ,we all are going to miss him," added the victim's sister Becky.

Family members of Johnny Needham can only wait as officials try to find out what went wrong at Tyson's Nashville Arkansas feed mill as they are still working on funeral arrangements.

KSLA News 12. All rights reserved.