DUEL IN DEATH VALLEY
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by KSLA-TV, 1812 Fairfield Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71101 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 6:00pm October 27, 2010 and ends at 5:00pm on November 5, 2010. Entries must be received by 5:00pm on November 4, 2010. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older and who live in one of the following parishes or counties inside the KSLA-TV television viewing area: Caddo, Bossier, Webster, DeSoto, Sabine, Red River, Bienville, Natchitoches, Claiborne, Columbia, Lafayette, Hempstead, Howard, Sevier, Little River, McCurtain, Bowie, Miller, Cass, Morris, Titus, Marion, Harrison, Panola, Shelby. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., KSLA-TV, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
- How to Enter.
(a) To enter to win one of the daily prizes individuals must watch for the cue to call weekdays during KSLA News 12 at 5:00am or 5:00pm from November 1, 2010 through November 4, 2010 (on television). Individuals must be the twelfth caller after hearing the cue to call, in order to win a daily prize package.
(b) To enter to win the grand prize individuals must register online at ksla.com. KSLA-TV reserves the right to delay or cancel a cue to call due to severe weather and/or breaking news coverage.
- Prize(s). A total of eight daily prize packages (one in the 5:00am news and one in the 5:00pm news from November 1, 2010 through November 4, 2010) will be awarded. Each daily prize package is valued at approximately $250.00 and includes a variety of LSU Tigers merchandise. One grand prize will be awarded. The grand prize is a 50 inch flat screen TV valued at approximately $1,000.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. See Rule # 3 above for how the daily prizes will be awarded. A random drawing from the pool of eligible online entrants will be held on November 5, 2010 to determine the grand prize winner of the flat screen TV. If the winner is ineligible for the grand prize, or for any reason, declines the receipt of the grand prize, a new winner may be drawn from the eligible qualifiers and notified by the station. KSLA-TV reserves the right to videotape the pick-up/delivery process for broadcast on our news and in promotions.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winners and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 14 days day of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited.
- Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. KSLA-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from KSLA-TV if KSLA-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that KSLA-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KSLA-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KSLA-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).