Bossier City, LA(KSLA)- A grass fire in Bossier City kept Bossier Fire Fighters busy battling flames that burned across more than 3 acres of land. The fire happened around 1:00 pm on a private property on Bacon Street which is next to Bass Pro Shop.
According to Mark Natale, Public Information Officer with Bossier City Police, firefighters arrived on the scene and spent a whole hour containing the fire. After the fire was contained, the area was suppressed with foam to make sure that flames don't spread again.
According to the Shreveport Times, the fire consumed the tent and belongs of Stevie Peros, who was living in the field off Bacon Street.
Peros told investigators he took a chair to the nearby river bank to smoke a cigarette and drink some water and found his camp engulfed in flames upon his return.
He tried to put the fire out, but it spread, pushed by a wind from the south.