UNDATED (KSLA) –Louisiana's Liquefied Petroleum Gas Commission announced Wednesday the launch of the "2010 Water Heater Rebate Program."
According to Louisiana State Police, the rebate program starts Wednesday, September 15, 2010 and ends on December 31, 2010.
The "2010 Water Heater Rebate Program" promotes the use of propane as a year-round energy source by offering a $300 rebate upon the installation of a propane-fueled water heater in a new home, or upon replacement of a non propane-fueled water heater to a propane-fueled water heater in an existing home.
Eligibility requirements are listed below:
- Purchase must be made from a participating dealer.
- The installation must be HUD-approved and installed for at least one year in that location
- Must be on real property located within the State of Louisiana
- Must be propane-fueled
- Installation is subject to an audit by the contractor and/or the LPGC.
- The rebate applies to both storage-type and "tankless" water heaters.
There are a limited number of rebates available.
For a list of participating dealers and additional information, please visit the web site below or call (225) 925-4895.