Fire at S'port Superior Grill, only minor damage

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) –A small kitchen fire in a landmark Shreveport restaurant early Thursday morning is now out.

Around 7:30 a.m. Shreveport Firefighters responded to a reported fire at Superior Bar and Grill, located off Line Ave.

Fire officials say that grease buildup is what caused a fire in the vent over the grease pit. Firefighters say that within five minutes of arrival they had the fire under control.

Luckily, the fire only caused minor damage to the restaurant and at last check, is now back open for business.

©2010 KSLA-TV. All rights reserved.