SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - A Shreveport elementary school student alerts the family that there apartment is on fire early Friday morning and is credited by fire officials as helping get them all out unharmed.
That fire broke out in an upstairs unit at Northwood II Apartments, located in the 2000 block of Grimmett Dr. in Shreveport, Friday morning.
15 Shreveport firefighter units arrived on scene just a little after 7:00 a.m. to find smoke coming from an upstairs apartment.
Once inside KSLA is told that the fire appeared to have started in the kitchen area of the apartment and quickly spread to the attic.
One person was treated on scene for smoke inhalation due to a pre-existing condition made worse by the smoke and flames.
Firefighters report no other injuries as a result of this incident.