1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by KSLA News 12, 1812 Fairfield Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71101; Sunset Decks, 3935 E. Texas Street, Bossier City, LA 71111; Barrett Appliance, 1760 Swan Lake Rd, Bossier City, LA 71171; Shreveport Country Club, 3101 Esplanade Ave, Shreveport, LA 71109-4004; Oreck Clean Home Center, 6658 Youree Drive 3150, Shreveport, LA 71105. The promotion begins November 23, 2009 and ends December 23. Entries must be received by 3:00pm on December 22, 2009. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and who live in one of the following parishes or counties inside the KSLA News 12 viewing area: Caddo, Bossier, Webster, DeSoto, Sabine, Red River, Bienville, Natchitoches, Claiborne, Columbia, Lafayette, Hempstead, Howard, Sevier, Little River, McCurtain, Bowie, Miller, Cass, Morris, Titus, Marion, Harrison, Panola, Shelby. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., KSLA News 12, Sunset Decks, Barrett Appliance, Shreveport Country Club, Oreck Clean Home Center and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. Anyone who has won a prize from KSLA News 12 valued at $600 or more in the past twelve months is not eligible to enter this promotion. All entrants agree to have their names appear on TV during KSLA News 12 newscasts.
3. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter this promotion. Beginning November 23, 2009 you can look for the KSLA News 12 Holiday Sweepstakes mailer in your mail box. Fill out the entry card in the center of the coupon book as directed and mail or deliver the card to the address printed on the label. The other way you can enter is to complete an online entry form at KSLA.COM. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. All entries must be received by 3:00pm December 22, 2009 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. After registering, entrants must watch for their name to appear onscreen weekdays during KSLA News 12 at 9:00am and 5:00pm from December 1, 2009 through December 23, 2009. Individuals who see their name appear onscreen, must call the number onscreen within 12 minutes, in order to qualify for the random drawings discussed below (note: up to two individuals may qualify each weekday during the promotion period).
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Prizes. A 16x16 cedar pergola valued at $6,000. A 42" LCD TV Item #LG42LH30 valued at $900. Thirty (30) golf passes to the Shreveport Country Club valued at $1,500. An Oreck XL Platinum Plus upright Vacuum system and Ultimate Handheld Vacuum valued at $749. Four prizes will be awarded on the dates indicated below in item #5. Each winner is eligible to win only one prize.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. A random drawing from the pool of eligible qualifiers listed above in rule #3 will be held on December 7, 2009 for the Vacuums, on December 14, 2009 for the Pergola, on December 21, 2009 for the LCD TV, and December 28, 2009 for the Golf Passes. If a winner is ineligible for a prize or, for whatever reason, declines the receipt of a prize; a new winner may be drawn from the eligible qualifiers and notified by the station. Winners will be notified by phone and/or email.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 2 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. KSLA News 12 will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from KSLA News 12 if KSLA News 12 reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that KSLA News 12, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KSLA News 12. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KSLA News 12 are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KSLA News 12, 1812 Fairfield Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71101.