2 hours | 30 min prep
- Grease a 9" oven-proof skillet (preferably cast-iron) and heat it in the oven at 450 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients listed above to make the cornbread.
- Pour into hot prepared skillet, and bake at 450 for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350, and lightly grease a 9x13" baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper, and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Crumble the cornbread into a large bowl.
- Add the cooked vegetables and all remaining ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 1 hr., or until firm and golden brown.