SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - A Caddo District Court grand jury today indicted the three men who are accused of killing a Shreveport police officer
The panel indicted 26-year-old Tre’Veon Demarcus Anderson, 38-year-old Glenn Montreal Frierson and 21-year-old Lawrence Guydell Pierre II on a charge of second-degree murder.
They are accused of killing Officer Chatéri Payne.
Shreveport Police Chief Ben Raymond announced their arrests in mid-January.
Three other people were true-billed in connection with other recent slayings, the Caddo district attorney’s office reports. They are:
- Ramon Laderrick Adger, 30, of Shreveport, one count of second-degree murder. The indictment stems from the fatal shooting of 38-year-old Mary Houston, of Shreveport, during an altercation at a residence in the 8700 block of South Emerald Loop.
- Sarah Renee Ritter, 20, of Shreveport, one count of second-degree murder. This is in connection with the fatal stabbing of Tawfik Gawbahy sometime Nov. 30-Dec. 1. His body then was set afire and left in a vacant field near Murphy Street at Alabama Avenue.
- Kentravion Demarcus Young, 16, of Shreveport, one count of second-degree murder. The charge arises over the fatal shooting of 27-year-old Robert Lee Perry, of the 700 block of Lincoln Drive in Shreveport, during an altercation Nov. 28 at an apartment complex in the 4500 block of North Market Street.
The grand jury returned three indictments under seal. Those indicted are:
- Roderick Dewayne Broadway, 36, of Shreveport, one count each of first-degree rape and forcible rape;
- Willie Peterson, 39, of Shreveport, one count each of first-degree rape and sexual battery; and,
- Darin Gene Chandler, 47, of Rodessa, two counts each of sexual battery and indecent behavior with juveniles and one count of aggravated rape.