(KSLA) - It’s that time of year again when many people begin to focus on their New Year’s resolutions — and that probably includes losing weight.
And of course the best gym promotions usually happen in January when health clubs are trying to win over the New Year’s resolution crowd. So, if getting fit, but saving money is one of your 2019 resolutions, we got you covered.
Here’s some tips on how to find the best gym membership deals:
- Sign up for a trial run. Yes, most gyms allow you to try them out for a few days, some even up to two weeks.
- Research prices online. Be sure to pay extra attention to hidden fees like for classes or personal training. As the old saying goes, if it’s too good to be true, then it normally is.
- Make sure you know what the gym’s cancellation policy is. You don’t want to get stuck in a unreasonable commitment.
- Try discount websites and apps, like Groupon. Remember, it doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg to get in shape.
- Also remember, there’s nothing wrong with negotiating a deal. With that, you may have to go straight to the gym’s manager instead of a salesperson.
- Before you sign a contract, make sure you read it thoroughly. If it’s a verbal agreement, make sure it’s also in writing. Otherwise, it’s not legit or guaranteed.
- Also, remember there are plenty of weight-loss apps available for iPhones and Androids that are free. Checkout healthline.com for the best weight loss apps. This is ideal for people who prefer to workout in the privacy of their home or office.
- Last but not least, determine why you want to lose weight and set realistic expectations. This will help you stay committed and motivated to reach your weight loss goals.
Remember to give yourself time, be patient and celebrate the little successes along your weight loss journey.