SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - Duke and Temple will meet in the 43rd edition Walk-On’s Independence Bowl this year.
It’s the first appearance in the Independence Bowl for both teams.
The Blue Devils of the Atlantic Coast Conference snatched a couple big non-conference wins over Northwestern and Baylor early but had a rough run in the ACC this year.
The game also includes a familiar face. Duke head coach David Cutcliffe was enshrined into the Independence Bowl Hall of Honor in 2003 after guiding Ole Miss to victories in 1998, 1999, and 2002.
The Temple Owls are coming out of the American Athletic Conference and they are led by a solid senior group that has become the winningest class in school history with 35 wins.
The Walk-On’s Independence Bowl will kickoff at 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 27.
Here’s a schedule of events:
- December 23 at 5:30 PM (Shreveport Municipal Auditorium): “Big Game Show” presented by Mike and Judy McCarthy
- December 24 at 7:30 PM (Shreveport Convention Center): Fellowship of Christian Athletes Breakfast
- December 26 at 5:00 PM (Red River District and Downtown Shreveport): Pub Crawl
- December 26 at 6:00 PM (Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets, Downtown and Red River District): Mardi Gras Preview Parade
- December 26 at 7:30 PM (Red River District): Pep Rally and Block Party featuring Parish County Line Concert
- December 27 from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (State Fair Grounds): Coca-Cola Fan Fest and World’s Largest Pot of Gumbo