NATCHITOCHES PARISH, LA (KSLA) - Authorities are working to end a standoff at a home in a Natchitoches Parish subdivision on Thursday evening.
Jadarrius D. Wilson, 24, has barricaded himself in a home in the 200 block of Michelle Drive in the Payne Subdivision, according to Capt. Tony Moran with Natchitoches Parish Sheriff's Office.
People in nearby homes have been asked to leave. SWAT and hostage negotiators have been in contact with him to get him to surrender. Negotiations continue.
Detectives went to the home around 2:30 p.m. to serve Wilson with warrants. He immediately called the sheriff's office and made threats to harm himself and law enforcement.
The warrants stem from an incident where Wilson allegedly was involved in the kidnapping of a woman he knows.
Investigators immediately made contact with Wilson. However, he led sheriff’s deputies and police on a chase through the city of Natchitoches.
He eventually bailed out of vehicle and investigators have been looking for him since Moran said.
Wilson was issued the following warrants:
- Illegal possession of a firearm by a person convicted of a felon
- Aggravated flight from an officer
- Reckless operation of a vehicle, violation of a protective order
- Simple kidnapping, criminal damage to property
- Domestic abuse battery, aggravated criminal damage to property
- Simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling
This is a developing story. Stay with KSLA News 12 for updates.